Isolation and Quarantine Guidance
If you or someone you know tests positive for COVID-19, it's important that you know the steps to follow to protect yourself and those around you, and to reduce the spread of the virus in your community.
The Ohio Department of Health (ODH) now recommends that local health departments (LHDs) shift from universal contact tracing, case investigation, and exposure notification to a cluster or outbreak based approach.
The Auglaize County Health Department will now shift our current COVID-19 response to prioritizing individuals in high-risk settings, such as congregate residential settings, cluster cases, or in initial cases associated with new variants. This means the majority of COVID-19 cases will not receive a call from the Health Department. Please follow the guidance below to help prevent spread.
The guidance for someone testing positive is not changing with this new strategy. The guidance for those that have exposure to a positive case has changed. It is important that you still follow the guidance below:
If you have tested positive for COVID-19, or are experiencing COVID-19 like symptoms:
- Isolate for 5 days following your start of symptoms
- If you’re symptoms have improved with no fever for 24 hours or you have not developed symptoms, you can end your Isolation.
- Wear a mask for an additional 5 days when in public areas or around other individuals. You can end wearing a mask sooner than day 10 if you have 2 negative rapid COVID-19 tests that are at least 48 hours apart.
Isolation is for individuals who have been infected with COVID-19, even if they don't have symptoms. You isolate in order to prevent spreading the virus to others.
If you had exposure to a positive COVID-19 case:
- Wear a well fitting mask anytime you are around others indoors for 10 days from exposure.
- Monitor for COVID like symptoms for 10 days from exposure.
- Get tested on day 5 or later.
- If you develop symptoms, Isolate immediatley and get tested.
For those that require a Letter of Isolation
A downloadable PDF document can be downloaded from the Resource section in the right hand column.
Letter of Isolation: This form may be used as if it were an individual Order for Isolation issued by the Auglaize County Health Department. Your local health department may contact you for additional information. This Affirmation Form will contain your Isolation start and end date, as you indicate, based on your particular circumstances, in accordance with Guidance from the Ohio Department of Health.