COVID-19 Vaccine Information
The Auglaize County Vaccine Providers continue to administer vaccine for those eligible. With the emergence of the Delta Variant of the COVID-19 virus, it puts those that are not vaccinated
at even greater risk.
WALK-IN COVID-19 VACCINE APPOINTMENT SCHEDULING IS NOT AVAILABLE.
To schedule a COVID-19 Moderna Vaccine (available for ages 18+), please call 419-738-3410 and select option 4. If staff are unable to answer, you will be asked to leave your contact information and a scheduling representative will return your call with scheduling options. Vaccine availability will depend on the amount of vaccine we receive. Please continue to monitor our website, social media, and local media for future updates.
**If you have a COVID-19 Vaccine Appointment with us and need to cancel, please call 419-738-3410 and select option 4**
A BOOSTER dose of the Pfizer COVID-19 vaccine has been approved for the following groups at least 6 months following the completion of the primary Pfizer series:
- People 65 years and older or residents in long-term care settings SHOULD receive a booster shot.
- People ages 50 to 64 with certain underlying medical conditions SHOULD receive a booster shot.
- People ages 18 to 49 with certain underlying medical conditions MAY receive a booster shot based on their individual benefits and risks. The CDC has indicated that this is a determination made by the vaccine recipient, but those eligible are encouraged to talk to their healthcare providers if they have any questions.
- People age 18 and older who are at increased risk for COVID-19 exposure and transmission because of their job or living in an institutional setting MAY receive a booster shot based on their individual benefits and risks. The CDC has indicated that this is a determination made by the vaccine recipient.
An ADDITIONAL dose of the COVID-19 vaccine (Pfizer and Moderna only) has been approved for the following group:
- Individuals with moderate to severe immunosuppression who are at heightened risk for serious outcomes from COVID-19.
- Those qualifying for an additional dose are strongly recommended to speak with their doctor to determine next steps. A patient’s doctor is best positioned to determine the need for an additional vaccine dose.
- For additional information regarding the COVID-19 Vaccination Program please visit https://gettheshot.coronavirus.ohio.gov or https://www.vaccines.gov/
**We are currently awaiting guidance on the recently approved Booster doses for Moderna and Johnson & Johnson/Janssen vaccines. More information will be forthcoming on those qualifying.
We encourage you to contact other COVID-19 Vaccine Providers for availability of appointments.
- Grand Lake Health System: Grand Lake Health System is scheduling patients 12+ for Covid-19 vaccines, including additional doses of Pfizer and Moderna vaccine as indicated above. To request an appointment, please call (419) 300-1132 and leave a voicemail. Patients will be contacted by phone to schedule their vaccine appointment.
- Mercy Health/St. Rita's: Information regarding Mercy Health’s clinic locations and times for first dose and additional doses can be found on the Gettheshotcoronavirus.ohio.gov website. You can also call 419-996-5000 for available locations.
- Kroger: Kroger has established a vaccine power hour during the first hour of business at our pharmacies and Little Clinic locations, Monday through Friday, solely dedicated to providing COVID-19, flu, and other vaccines at all locations. All vaccine appointments should be made online at www.Kroger.com/covidvaccine or www.Kroger.com/flu.
- Walmart Pharmacy: Walmart Pharmacy located in Wapakoneta, Ohio, is currently offering the COVID-19 Vaccine. Walk-Ins accepted! Clients may now walk-in for a vaccine any time during pharmacy business hours which are Monday-Saturday from 9:00am to 6:30pm and Sunday 10:00am to 5:30pm. For more information please call (419) 738-0490. If you would like to schedule an appointment for your vaccine please visit www.Walmart.com/covidvaccine.
- Lima Memorial Health System: For information on scheduling an appointment to receive the vaccine through the Lima Memorial Health System please call (419) 998-4491 or visit their website www.limamemorial.org/vaccine.
- CVS Pharmacy: The CVS Pharmacy located in Wapakoneta is now offering COVID-19 Vaccine Appointments. To make an appointment and for more information, please visit www.cvs.com for information on making an appointment and additional details.
- Rite Aid Pharmacy St. Marys: The Rite Aid Pharmacy located in St. Marys is now offering the Johnson & Johnson COVID-19 vaccine. Please visit https://www.riteaid.com/pharmacy/scheduler for information on making an appointment and additional details.
To view an interactive map of all Ohio COVID-19 Vaccine providers, click here: https://vaccine.coronavirus.ohio.gov/
For additional information regarding the COVID-19 Vaccine Program please visit https://coronavirus.ohio.gov/wps/portal/gov/covid-19/covid-19-vaccinatio... or https://gettheshot.coronavirus.ohio.gov
- Any Ohioan ages 12+ can receive the Pfizer vaccine
- Any Ohioan 18+ can recieve the Moderna or the Johnson and Johnson Vaccine.