Please call (419)738-3410 to schedule an appointment, and go to our Family Planning Clinic page for more information.
On March 22nd, 2020, the Director for the Ohio Department of Health, Dr. Amy Acton, signed a Stay At Home Order that will be in affect from 11:59 pm March 23rd to 11:59 pm April 6th. With this the Auglaize County Health Department (ACHD) will be limiting services to by appointment only.
Significant measures are being taken to help slow down the spread of COVID-19, and ACHD wants to do all we can to help in that effort. ACHD will be limiting the number of people in our lobby by spacing appointments, conducting some services by phone, preparing items ahead of time to allow for quick pickups, and we may need to exclude certain services. Cancelling of select services will be evaluated on an ongoing basis.
We also want to make clients aware that during your appointment you will be asked screening questions similar to the process other Auglaize County government offices are using. The questions are being implemented to allow for the continuation of some services and to limit the risk of exposure to our staff and other clients.
ACHD also wants to remind Auglaize County residents of prevention methods that can help protect you from contracting COVID-19 and other seasonal viruses. ACHD is strongly encouraging social distancing, a 6 foot distance, to prevent close contact and the potential for spreading the virus. ACHD also strongly recommends:
- Washing your hands often with soap and water for at least 20 seconds
- Use alcohol-based hand sanitizer when soap and water are unavailable.
- Cover your mouth with a tissue or sleeve when sneezing or coughing.
- Avoid touching your eyes, nose, or mouth with unwashed hands.
- Stay home when you are sick.
- Avoid unnecessary travel or activities.
- Avoid contact with people who are sick.
- Clean high-touch areas daily using household cleaning spray or wipes according to label directions.
- For up to date information visit www.coronavirus.ohio.gov or call 1-833-4-ASK-ODH.
If you feel that you may be experiencing symptoms of COVID-19 (fever, cough, shortness of breath), stay home and contact your healthcare provider by phone for guidance.
ACHD will continue to monitor the situation and will provide updates as warranted. If you have any questions or need to schedule an appointment, please contact our staff at (419) 738-3410.