Please call (419)738-3410 to schedule an appointment, and go to our Family Planning Clinic page for more information.
National Nutrition Month
March is National Nutrition Month!
"Personalize Your Plate!"
Each March, the Academy of Nutrition and Dietetics encourages Americans to focus on healthy eating habits. Ohio WIC has chosen to expand the theme to "Personalize Your Plate with Color." The "with color" portion of the WIC food package includes selections of fresh, canned, and frozen fruits and vegetables to increase consumption of fiber, vitamins, minerals, phytochemicals, and other nutrients. WIC clinics will be focusing education efforts on assisting participants to purchase, prepare, eat, and increase the use of fruits and vegetables.
Regardless of celebrating National Nutrition Month, the nutrition staff at your WIC clinic:
- Assess and evaluate WIC participants medical and nutritional conditions and habits.
- Provide counseling and education to participants to address specific conditions.
- Answer nutrition-related questions
- Provide anticipatory guidance on healthy habits including safe sleep practices, breastfeeding, immunizations, and child development.
- Present nutrition education on multiple subjects through several mediums.
- Refer participants to food banks, health care and social service agencies, physicians, and other local agencies.
But, they can also assist YOU! You can:
- Schedule a WIC health professional to provide an overview of the WIC Program, including what WIC is, what happens at WIC appointments, what foods are provided to participants, and what regulations must be followed.
- Request that the WIC health professional schedule additional weight checks for WIC participants and follow-up with you with COVID-19 precautions.
- Request a small stock of nutrition materials on multiple topics.
- Schedule a health professional to discuss a nutrition topic.
- Collaborate with a health professional to provide a WIC-approved formula for a medically fragile infant or child.
Auglaize County WIC would like to thank you for your ongoing support! We hope you find this information helpful as we work together to achieve positive health outcomes for families we serve.
If you have any questions, please contact the Auglaize County WIC office at 419-738-7428 or firstname.lastname@example.org. Friend us on our Facebook account!