Immunizations are available for infants, children, adolescents, and adults. The Auglaize County Health Department follows the Centers for Disease Control and Prevention (CDC) Recommended Immunization Schedule for all vaccines. We participate in the Vaccine for Children (VFC) Program through the Ohio Department of Health.
No child who is eligible for VFC vaccines will be denied services for the inability to pay.
Meningococcal B is a “permissive” vaccination recommendation – different from the “routinely” recommended vaccines. It is advised to speak with your healthcare provider to decide whether to be administered the vaccine or not. For more information please check the Meningococcal forms in the Resource section.
When can I come in to get a vaccine?
Please call the Nursing Division at (419) 738-3410 for appointment and clinic time details.
Walk-Ins are accepted pending staff availability. Clients may be expected to wait for available openings.
Immunization Clinics are held at:
Auglaize County Health Department: 813 Defiance Street, Wapakoneta, Ohio 45895
Every Tuesday from 8:00 - 11:00 am By Appointment
Every Thursday from 3:00 - 6:00 pm By Appointment
Auglaize County Council on Aging: 610 Indiana Ave., St. Marys, OH 45885
AUGLAIZE COUNTY HEALTH DEPARTMENT ST MARYS IMMUNIZATION CLINIC SCHEDULE
Wednesday February 26, 2020 1:00 - 3:30pm By Appointment
March – April 2020:
Wednesday March 11, 2020 1:00 - 3:30pm By Appointment
Wednesday March 25, 2020 1:00- 3:30pm By Appointment
Wednesday April 8, 2020 1:00- 3:30pm By Appointment
Wednesday April 22, 2020 1:00- 3:30pm By Appointment
What is the cost for vaccines?
Costs vary depending upon eligibility requirements and insurance. Please call the Nursing Division at (419) 738-3410 for details.
Accepted Payment Methods:
- Cash, discounted fees available for day of service payments.
- Private Insurance with ACHD contracted company
- ** We now accept Credit/Debit/ HSA/FSA cards as form of payment (a 2 ½ % convenience fee / minimum of $2.00 applies) **
What should I bring with me to each appointment?
Please bring all past immunization records and all insurance cards. Please also bring either the child’s or adult’s social security number.
If you have printing capability, please bring the following COMPLETED:
1) Appropriate Vaccine Administration Form (Pediatric 0 to 18 years old, Adults 19 years and older)
2) Immunization Consent Form
3) Patient Financial Responsibility Form
4) Parental Permission Form if someone other than a parent / guardian accompanies a child < 18 years old to an appointment. **Required at each appointment**
Forms are located in the Resources section in the right hand column.
How do I know what shots I need?
Please call the Nursing Division to consult with our nursing staff (419) 738-3410. Additional information is also available in the Resources and Links listed to the right.
How do I know if my insurance company will cover my visit?
Coverage varies with each insurance company and employer.
- The insurance company that issued your health insurance policy is the best source of information about your coverage. If you are covered under a group policy through work, your employer can tell you what is covered. In all cases, you are the "responsible party" - not your insurer. Therefore you are responsible for all payments for medical services, even if they are not covered services.
If you have Medical Mutual through Mercy Health/St. Rita’s Medical Center your services are not covered at our facility.
While we are contracted with Medical Mutual, we have been informed that Mercy Health/SRMC will only cover services provided by one of their locations/providers.
For your convenience, we offer a discounted cash day of service fee.
Will my insurance plan pay for my child's treatment?
Start by making sure that the treatment facility accepts your insurance plan. Each insurance plan is different. Even within the same company there may be several plans. One plan may cover a certain treatment while another does not. Also, just because a facility is listed in your plan, it may not be approved for ALL the services we offer. Contact your specific insurance plan to find out whether your child's treatment will be covered.