To find locations that provide the COVID-19 Vaccine in Ohio, please visit the ODH Coronavirus website to view the interactive map: ... Read More
The Community Outreach page provides information for local community members and programs that promote good health.
Health Promotion Projects
Specific examples of health promotion projects include:
- participating in the Community Health Assessment
- participating in the Community Health Improvement Plan
- providing education for health professionals
- attending health fairs and outreach events
- providing health education and opportunites to community members
Car Seat Program
If you are in need of a car seat, please contact the Health Department at 419-738-3410 to determine eligibility. If eligible, those interested will be added to the class list.
- Car Seat classes are held the last Tuesday of each month at 1:15 PM or by appointment only. Please contact ACHD to sign up for a class or to schedule an appointment.
- Car seats available are convertible car seats and booster seats.
- The seat that is received is based on child age, height, and weight.
Our car seat program is run by a Certified Child Passenger Safety (CPS) Technician. Our CPST can help parents and caregivers understand all they can do to prevent unintentional injuries in and around cars, including car seat installation and car seat checks. If you are interested in having a car seat installed or checked, please contact our CPST, Caitlin Decker, at 419-738-3410 ext. 106 to set up an appointment.
Cribs For Kids Program
If you are in need of a safe space for your baby to sleep, ACHD can provide your family with a Pack-and-Play.
- Pack-and-Plays are distributed on a first-come first-serve basis
- Income eligibility required
- Only 1 Pack-and-Play per family
To determine if you are eligible, please contact ACHD at 419-738-3410.
Each month our staff will add a Community Wellness Calendar and a Wellness Newsletter to this page.
- The Community Wellness Calendar is a list of events, education opportunies, wellness screenings, physical exercise opportunites and more, that is provided to the community to make them aware of the opportunities happening in our community.
- The Wellness Newsletter is a monthly newsletter focusing on different topics throughout the year.
- Both newsletters can be found in the resources tab.